Steps to Adoption
- View our pets at PetFinder, Adopt a Pet, or on the tab "Our Dogs"
- Complete an Adoption Application to meet one or multiple dogs
- Our adoption team will review your application and get back to you within 48hrs. Please allow us this time. We are all Volunteers who work full time jobs to support our rescues.
- An adoption counselor will contact you to schedule a time to meet your potential matches
- If it's a love match, you will Complete an Adoption Contract and permit a yard check by the rescue (so we can verify it is secure)
- Finalize the adoption with the adoption fee (see below) and enjoy life with your new best friend
- Be willing to care for the companion (with love, physically, and financially) for the rest of his or her life
- Come meet the dog and rescue staff in person prior to adoption (we do not ship dogs)
- Agree to notify Mutts in Need immediately if the animal should ever become lost and return the dog in the unforeseen event that you can no longer care for it (dogs may NOT be re-homed, gifted, or sold)
- Be willing to fill out the associated paperwork and allow a yard check so we can verify it is secure
- Pay the adoption fee to help us cover essential costs such as spay/neuter, micro-chip, vaccinations, other vet needs, and daily care. We always try to keep our fees as low as possible, but unlike a city shelter, we receive no government funding and are committed to caring for our dogs for life which often includes costly recovery care and senior care.
- Adoption donations are as follows: $300 for dogs over a year, $400 for puppies, and $200 for seniors and pit bull mixes unless otherwise indicated. Bonded pairs ((over a year old) are discounted to $300 for the pair. If you choose to adopt two dogs who are not bonded, we are often able to partially discount those as well. Please contact us if you have any questions.